Here is the ultimate Ibiza travel guide! Ibiza, often referred to as the white island is one of the most beautiful of the Balearic Islands. My own personal view of Ibiza had long been tainted from many trashy TV shows centered on Ibiza’s nightlife. Turns out I was very surprised that all is not as it seems. In fact aside from the huge party scene there are a number of picturesque beaches, iconic landmarks and of course blue blue water as far as the eye can see.
Let’s start with the clubs scene, because if you are a party seeker than look no further. I’ve been to a number of party destinations around the world and Ibiza is still one of my favorites. Aside from the nonstop supply of cafes, bars and clubs there is also the contrast of beautiful relaxing beaches. After a day or night out in Ibiza you’re going to need some time out, so the beaches and pools are a perfect way to rest those sore heads.
Hosting the world’s top producers, artists and DJ’s you’ll never find yourself short of a hot party to attend. I stayed at one of the biggest hotel’s called Ushuaia which overlooks Playa d’en Bossa. The hotel is one of the world’s most famous outdoor venues because of it’s stylish accommodation & out of this world outdoor dance productions. Most of the rooms surround the arena itself so you can see the action live every night from your room, although the better the view the higher the room rate. Ushuaia have hosted every world famous DJ including David Guetta, Armin Van Buuren, Joris Voorn, Hardwell, Avicii, Axwell and Ingrosso. Some of the other big name clubs include Pacha, Space, Amnesia, Paradis and Privilege just to name a few.
For others while the thought of being in a club makes you want to be sick then never fear, Ibiza is still the perfect spot for those looking for something a little more chillaxed.
1. The first thing you need to tick of the list is a visit to Ibiza town. The town is full of narrow cobbled stoned streets and within the walls are museums, restaurants, galleries & boutiques. There are also magnificent panoramic views from the top of the city at Dalt Vila (high town) so it’s worth the walk.
2. Do a day trip to Formentera which is a small island south of Ibiza & home to a number of pristine beaches.
3. Go and watch the sunset at Ses Variades sunset strip in San Antoni . At sunset the beach is full to the brim of on looks but my favorite spot is just behind the beach at the iconic Café Mambo. With prime view of the sunset and beach it’s the perfect spot to sip cocktails and listen to some music. Check out Café Mambo site for more information on menus as well as what’s on.
4. There are a number of beautiful beaches around the island my favorite was Cala Conta beach. Others are Playa Cala Salada, Cala Llonga, Cala Vadella and Playa d’en Bossa just to name a few.
5. Visit the famous landmark and mysterious rock island of Es Vedra.
One thing you need to consider when visiting Ibiza is transportation as there is a limited amount of cabs around the island. You need to plan in advance how you are going to get to and from places or consider hiring a car. Smart cars were readily available and came at a reasonable daily rate.
Enjoy the ultimate Ibiza travel guide from Eat Well Travel Everywhere ?